26. Busy doing stuff that mattersMarch 2, 2017
28. When you get doubtful about your vision, start with ‘maybe’.March 6, 2017
As often happens in my day, I get progressively more confident as the day goes on. But often I don’t wake feeling at all confident. Have you ever woke with that niggling worrying feeling that you just can’t put your finger on? Your head just starts spinning off into thoughts, worries, just annoying sensation that feels icky. If I don’t manage it, it shifts into real worry and I guess you call it anxiety. I got it this morning. It used to cripple me for a couple of hours, sometimes all day! Now I have simple strategies to manage that feeling from the get go. Just a simple morning routine and I can set myself up for the day. Here’s what I do…
- Meditate. A simple process I take myself through upon waking that I learned from Deepak Chopra.
Who am I?
What do I want?
What is my purpose?
What am I grateful for?
- I get up and move! If I lie there, I start thinking, so I just getting on with the day and it pretty much sorts me out. Something as simple as a cup of tea to start with, that always makes me feel better
- I walk Jimmy, and I do some simple yoga. Moving my body works wonders.
Walking gets my head straight and yoga gets me thinking even clearer.
I feel like I’ve done something and started the day right.
- I talk to my mum most mornings. And that takes my mind of my own thoughts and towards helping someone else
- I get ready for the day. Even though I work from home, I try to dress and go through a simple prep routine as if I’m going to work.